Equipment Operator 1, (Coil Tubing) Bakersfield, CA
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 931
CDL Required: Yes
Line Of Business: Coiled Tubing Services
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
Hourly Range, DOE : $25-$27/hr
Under close supervision and direction of Service Supervisor, learns to perform a number of tasks associated with fluid pumps operation and rig-up/down of equipment and tools and related equipment used in coiled tubing well site servicing.
- Assist fellow crew members with routine tasks such as securing loose items, connections, tools and chemicals; cleaning up the work site, cleaning and performing routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment; loading environmental clean-up and spill prevention materials, etc.
- Develop skills while performing rigging up/down at the well site, operating and maintaining one or more of the following equipment: pump truck, nitrogen pump or crane truck. Involves, but is not limited to, checking/closing/opening valves, identifying appropriate and performing hose hook-ups, using main or drain tubs, applying special connections where required, etc.
- Work under hazardous conditions while learning to recognize and mitigate risks associated with such. Through hands-on experience, learn safe and compliant transportation of hazardous materials. Fill out and maintain shipping documents for hazardous materials (hazmat) transportation including proper use of placards and labels and securing loads.
- Accurately complete and turn in regulatory and compliance paperwork associated with job duties (DOT logs, load sheets, trip reports).
- Maintain proper DOT logging to include accurate and current drivers log reporting and daily submission requirements, accurate mileage and fuel reporting and complying with all hours-of-service regulations.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure proper working conditions such as, but not limited to, fluid level checks and services as needed, brake inspections and slack adjustments, tire inspections, and working condition of lights. Complete inspection/maintenance documentation and reporting of any defects.
- Participate in work plan and job safety analysis (JSA) daily processes. Exercises stop work authority as needed.
- Know, understand, apply and comply with all requirements related to quality, operating and technical procedures and workplace instructions.
- Understand and comply with all health, safety, security, quality and environmental rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Act in compliance with all KES policies and procedures and regulatory requirements including international, regional, and local laws.
- Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level in accordance with policies, roles and responsibilities
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned.
- Must possess a Commercial Drivers License with at least one year of CDL driving experience.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record with a clean driving record and no DWI/DUI convictions within the last 3 years.
- Must also meet all qualifications defined in Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to travel to job sites which may often require overnight stays.
- Must be willing and able to work long shifts.
- Must be willing and able to operate heavy equipment and meet all physical requirements for field position.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Hazmat and tanker endorsements preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people within and outside of the company.
- Ability to lead or provide guidance to crew members to work safely and efficiently.
- Multi-tasking and basic problem solving skills required; organizational skills preferred.
- Must pass post-employment drug/alcohol urinalysis.
- Must pass post-offer “Essential Job Functions Test.”
- Must pass DOT-drug and physical test if required by state and federal government.
High school diploma or equivalent
Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.