Location: Houston, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 927
CDL Required: No
Line Of Business: Operations Support
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
This position is responsible for ensuring accuracy of all pay data necessary to process accurate and timely payroll. The incumbent will review timecards and pay calculations, balance, prepare, process and distribute all wages ensuring compliance with company policy, as well as state and federal laws.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect time, hours, and attendance data for processing of accurate and timely payroll.
- Process payroll adjustments, including bonuses, late tickets, hours missed, vacations, and terminations.
- Calculate and process manual payments, retro-pay, adjustments, voids, stop payments, and direct deposit reversals.
- Monitor electronic files and reconcile files, for importing of pay data into payroll system, as well as late hours, bonuses, adjustments, corrections, etc.
- Follow up with end users to resolve missing or inaccurate time and other pay data related information.
- Perform pre and post payroll audits, verification of payroll functions, and ensure compliance with company policies and governmental taxing regulations.
- Ensure assigned payroll(s) are processed within time frames and guidelines.
- Respond to and resolve customer questions and problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to all internal audit procedures, confirm accuracy of all payments to ensure overall compliance.
- Assess processes, search for efficiencies and recommend improvements.
- Ability to work effectively individually and on a team.
- Ability to work and maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive data.
- Three or more years of work experience in processing payroll for large companies with over 1000 employees, with multi-state environment.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills. CPP or FPC designation desirable.
- Understanding of tax laws, multi-state tax, non-resident tax, and the ability to identify and research unusual pay events.
- Experience with pay calculations, deductions, and year-end reconciliation.
- Good understanding of federal and state garnishment/child support calculation laws and regulations desirable.
- Ability to contribute to analysis and assessment of processes, so as to recommend efficiencies and process improvements.
- Knowledge of ADP, Enterprise payroll system preferred.
- Professional and effective customer focus with excellent communications skills.
- High school diploma, GED required.
- Some college preferred.
Key offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Education assistance
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid time-off
Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.