Dir HSE, Odessa, TX
Location: Odessa, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 915
CDL Required: No
Line Of Business: Operations Support
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
This position is responsible for promoting safety by developing, implementing, and overseeing HSE plans, programs, and objectives for one or more LOB(s) across domestic Marketplaces. Responsible for ensuring compliance with HSE regulations and Company policies and practices. Works closely with Operations, Maintenance, HR, and HSE leadership to effectively coordinate activities and ensure strong safety performance within assigned operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and assures compliance with Company HSE strategies, policies, procedures, and standards for assigned marketplace(s)
- Fosters early integration and life-cycle implementation of HSE into Company’s operations.
- Support and assist operations in the implementation of Key Energy’s Safety Management System.
- Improves methods for risk identification and assessment and provides recommendations for risk mitigation and acceptance.
- Performs independent health and safety assessments and process verification reviews.
- Provides reports, trends, analysis, subject matter expertise and recommendations for critical safety decisions and solutions to address any deficiencies, gaps, or opportunities for improvements related to HSE.
- Approves and submits incident paperwork, incident investigations and RCAs submitted by the Marketplace within KPA, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Works with Training to create training programs and provide appropriate content.
- Ensures that customer safety requirements are met and provides customers with incident statistics, monthly and quarterly Key Performance Indicator reporting, and reviews as appropriate.
- Ensures completion and accuracy of incident statistics, OSHA Logs, DOT files and other regulatory, company and customer reporting, inspection and/or document retention requirements for the marketplace).
- Keeps abreast of changes to laws, regulations or industry practices that impact the Company.
- Participates in the development of company policies and procedures for adhering to federal, state and local HSE regulations.
- Participates in the processing and defense of any regulatory inspections or citations.
- Participates in the preparation and defense of civil litigation.
- Executes critical incident response in conjunction with marketplace senior leadership.
- Work closely with operations to ensure all HSE risks associated with operations are understood and appropriate systems, procedures, training, and resources are in place to manage the risks.
- Schedules the team of MP HSE advisors to provide coverage of all work while allowing time off for the team members.
- Assesses and works with the HSE team members to identify career progression goals and personal development plans.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of industry safety training (First Aid/CPR, Confined Space, etc.).
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of API recommended practices, industry and customer policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to make formal and informal presentations on various HSE related topics.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and business intelligence applications (OBIEE, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Significant experience (12+ years) in a safety related field, in heavy industry
Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.