Sr IT Project Mgr
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Requisition Number: 899
CDL Required: No
Line Of Business: Operations Support
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
The Sr. Information Technology Program Manager will plan, establish, and manage information technology (IT) projects and will serve as a liaison between the business and technical aspects of assigned portfolio of projects.
- Establishes and maintains processes for managing the IT demand queue working with the business to prioritize activities, tasks, and projects. Works as a business analyst to help project requestors to build project plans with budgets and return on investment.
- Manages assigned IT projects to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of project. Creates project documentation including project charters, risk matrix, and stakeholder analysis.
- Develops, maintains, and revises proposals for assigned projects including project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, timelines, funding, and staffing.
- Sets and tracks project milestones; manages and accounts for cross-project dependencies, risks, unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed.
- Ensures governance of and adherence to impact analyses and change management process for changes and projects
- Establishes and implements project communication plans, providing status updates to affected staff and stakeholders.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends as needed to prepare project status reports.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and planning.
- Thorough understanding of information technology procedures and practices.
- Proficient with, or able to quickly become proficient with, a range of general and specialized applications, software, and hardware used in the organization and the industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to motivate groups of people to complete a project in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with technical teams and business user groups
- Experience with project management platforms. SmartSheet desired.
- Experience with project management methodologies including waterfall and agile.
- Experience managing IT infrastructure, package implementations and software development projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Systems-related field desired.
- PMP or similar project management certification desired.
- At least five years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.