BOP-Tools Tech, Levelland, TX
Location: Levelland, TX 79336, USA
Requisition Number: 613
CDL Required: No
Line Of Business: Fishing & Rental
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
The BOP Tools Technician will be responsible for the repair, certification and documentation for all BOPs and/or down hole tools utilized in the district. This position may have an apprentice type position that will report directly to him/her.
- Responsible for servicing all blow out preventers, pack offs, reel swivels, lubricators, iron and down hole tools (BPVs, etc.).
- Responsible for performing and documenting all pressure tests for these components after service.
- Obtains and maintains an inventory of expendable materials and parts for these items.
- Organizes and maintains the facility, including the testing station and store room.
- Aids management in developing a preventive maintenance system for these components.
- Assists field personnel with job-related problems associated with these components.
- Coordinates with the iron personnel at the District and the corporate level to track and document iron testing and inspection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years' experience working with Coiled Tubing and/or work that would include servicing BOPs and/or down hole tools.
- Experience in managing expendable materials inventory.
- Valid Class C driver's license and clean driving record.
- Good communications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent preferred.
Key offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Education assistance
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid time-off
Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.