Derrickhand, Williston, ND
Location: Williston, ND 58801, USA
Requisition Number: 350
CDL Required: Yes
Line Of Business: Rig Services
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
This position is a crew member assigned to work on a well service rig, responsible for performing services on oil and gas wells. Duties include performing all well-servicing tasks from an elevated position (rod basket or tubing board), assisting in rigging up or down, picking up or laying down tubing, and other functions specified by the customer or well operator.
- Assists the operator in rigging up and down, lining up the well service rig with the well.
- Sets hydraulic jacks, handles pads/boards and assists in attaching the guy wires to the anchor.
- Responsible for all elevated work associated with rigging up/down (i.e. removing horse head from pumping unit).
- Responsible for all work performed for the rod basket and tubing board (transferring rods and tubing from the vertical racks to the elevator), performs servicing on the well.
- Drives the crew truck as needed.
- Operates tubing elevators for standing tubing in derrick.
- Assists in picking up or laying down tubing, manually lifting the tubing from the rack onto the work floor or vice versa.
- Assists in walking the rods when laying down rods.
- Reports any safety hazards, accidents or maintenance issues to the rig supervisor.
- Ensures that work carried out is in compliance with company policies and procedures and according to safety regulations.
- May be required to work floors or operate the rig when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1-2 years of Workover - Derrickhand experience required.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written.
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, to provide world class value to customers
- CDL B license is required to drive rig. Must meet all qualifications defined in the Motor Vehicle Policy if required to drive.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, in English, is preferred.
High school diploma, GED, or the equivalent is preferred.
Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.