Fishing Tool Supervisor 1, Kilgore, TX
Location: Kilgore, TX 75662, USA
Requisition Number: 335
CDL Required: No
Line Of Business: Fishing & Rental
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
This position has supervisory responsibilities over the rig crew to ensure that fishing jobs are performed satisfactorily in accordance with company policies and customer requirements. Incumbent is responsible for the safety of the rig crew involved in picking up and laying down bottom hole assemblies, and for directing their work when the equipment is down hole on the customer’s location (job site).
- Supervises all the work activities in laying down the fishing tool bottom hole assembly when out of the hole.
- Conducts safety meeting with the rig crew on pulling the fishing bottom hole assemblies out of the well bore prior to pulling out of the hole to ensure work is done properly and safely. (JSA’s)
- Directs the rig crew on the rig floor during operation of fishing tools down hole, including the work of the driller for the entire operation, lasting up to 14 hours in duration if necessary.
- Oversees the work procedures are safely implemented and equipment used is properly handled and maintained to ensure safety practices and security measures are followed.
- Develops and plans work activities and schedules with the customer representative to ensure correct equipment is ordered, used, serviced and maintained according to set procedures and/or agreements.
- Manages the equipment used in the fishing operations to ensure its safety and cleanliness.
- Meets with division managers and customer representatives concerning cleaning out the customer’s well bore and other safety issues and concerns affecting the fishing operations.
- Provides daily contact with and/or reports to customers and Key fishing district regarding costs involved and equipment used.
- Five (5) or more years of oilfield related work/rigs or fishing tool shop experience.
- Prior work experience as a driller and/or in fishing and milling operations.
- Supervisory skills and experience preferred.
- Ability to operate drilling rigs, workover rigs and snubbing units.
- Ability to foster and maintain an effective working relationship with other Key employees and Customers.
- Extensive knowledge in all safety practices and measures in rig and fishing operations.
- Good computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Familiarity and/or knowledge of oilfield equipment a plus.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of truck and rig components, and various types of well servicing or oilfield equipment. One (1) year or more of work experience as a mechanic or a similar capacity.
High School Diploma, GED, or the equivalent is preferred.
Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.