Location: Williston, ND 58801, USA
Requisition Number: 293
CDL Required: No
Line Of Business: Rig Services
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
Are you ready to make a difference? Key Energy Services has immediate openings at our Williston, ND location for Derrickhands!
Key Energy Services, LLC has provided services in the oil and gas industry since 1977! We have been around for a long time and looking for individuals who want to help us continue to grow into the future!
Working at heights is not for everyone! But if you have 1 to 2 years working in the rod basket or tubing board on a workover rig and can show us your skills at rig up and rig down along with picking up or laying down tubing (along with the many other tasks you do), we are looking for you! Are you ready to be a part of a team that values you and your experience?
This position is full-time shift work led by a Supervisor
This position is a crew member assigned to work on a well service rig, responsible for performing services on oil and gas wells. Duties include performing all well-servicing tasks from an elevated position (rod basket or tubing board), assisting in rigging up or down, picking up or laying down tubing, and other functions specified by the customer or well operator.
- Assists the operator in rigging up and down, lining up the well service rig with the well.
- Sets hydraulic jacks, handles pads/boards and assists in attaching the guy wires to the anchor.
- Responsible for all elevated work associated with rigging up/down (i.e., removing horse head from pumping unit).
- Responsible for all work performed for the rod basket and tubing board (transferring rods and tubing from the vertical racks to the elevator), performs servicing on the well.
- Drives the crew truck as needed.
- Operates tubing elevators for standing tubing in derrick.
- Assists in picking up or laying down tubing, manually lifting the tubing from the rack onto the work floor or vice versa.
- Assists in walking the rods when laying down rods.
- Reports any safety hazards, accidents or maintenance issues to the rig supervisor.
- Ensures that work carried out is in compliance with company policies and procedures and according to safety regulations.
- May be required to work floors or operate the rig when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1-2 years of Workover - Derrickhand experience required.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written.
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, to provide world class value to customers
- CDL B license is required to drive rig. Must meet all qualifications defined in the Motor Vehicle Policy if required to drive.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, in English, is preferred.
We are proud to offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Education assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Career Progression
- Paid training
High School Diploma, GED, or the equivalent is preferred.
**Key Energy Services, LLC is committed to our policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. This means that we will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected status under federal, state or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the act or any laws that apply. If you need accommodation for the application process, please reach out to the HR representative with your needs.
Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.