Equipment Oper 3, (Coil Tubing), Alice, TX
Location: Alice, TX 78332, USA
Requisition Number: 215
CDL Required: Yes
Line Of Business: Coiled Tubing Services
Employment Type: Regular - Full Time
Under direction of the Supervisor performs advanced work in a number of tasks associated with running a coiled tubing unit. Operates and maintains all primary support equipment, coil unit and pressure control system. Controls and monitors the operation, applying well control principles to optimize well performance.
- Perform rigging up/down at the well site, operating and maintaining the following equipment: acid pump, N2 pump, crane, coiled tubing unit, and pressure control systems. Monitors wellbore pressure and takes remedial action as necessary.
- Work under hazardous conditions and demonstrate strong general safety and hazmat working knowledge and practices to mitigate risks associated with such. Perform compliant transportation of hazardous materials. Fill out and maintain shipping documents for hazardous materials (hazmat) transportation including proper use of placards and labels and securing loads, ensuring wellhead area is clear, and placing environmental protectors in applicable locations.
- Accurately complete and turn in regulatory and compliance paperwork associated with job duties (DOT logs, load sheets, trip reports).
- Maintain proper DOT logging to include accurate and current drivers log reporting and daily submission requirements, accurate mileage and fuel reporting and complying with all hours-of-service regulations.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections to ensure proper working conditions such as, but not limited to, fluid level checks and services as needed, brake inspections and slack adjustments, tire inspections, and working condition of lights. Complete inspection/maintenance documentation and reporting of any defects.
- Participate in work plan and job safety analysis (JSA) daily processes. Exercises stop work authority as needed.
- Provide guidance to equipment operators as a crew leader.
- Coordinate efforts with service supervisor to ensure equipment and resources are appropriately allocated.
- Know, understand, apply and comply with all requirements related to quality, operating and technical procedures and workplace instructions.
- Understand and comply with all health, safety, security, quality and environmental rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Act in compliance with all KES policies and procedures and regulatory requirements including international, regional, and local laws.
- Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level in accordance with policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned.
- Class A Commercial Drivers License.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record with a clean driving record and no DWI/DUI convictions within the last 3 years.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to travel to job sites which may often require overnight stays.
- Must be willing and able to work long shifts.
- Must be willing and able to operate heavy equipment and meet all physical requirements for field position.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must have mastered all the job duties of an EO1 and EO2 .
- Well control certification; BOP experience.
- Hazmat and tanker endorsements preferred.
- Crane training, certified crane operator preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
We are proud to offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Education assistance
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid time-off
Key Energy Services (Key) is an equal opportunity employer. Key does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.